Friday, October 30, 2009

The Little Mermaid

The Little Mermaid


Directed By: Ron Clements & John Musker
Reviewed by: Lizzie, 17
Rating: Hated it!


The story is about a mermaid named Ariel, who dreams to be part of the human world.

Gah, this movie annoys me. Okay, let's start in order. Ariel. She is (I believe) around 16 years old. All she does is get into mischief, because she loves to explore stuff that are associated with the human world. Yeah sure, we all at one point, love to explore different things. But, she seems like a spolied brat.

Now, what did she learn? She got herself and her friends + family, into trouble all because she fell in LOVE with Prince Eric. She risks her life, just to make the prince fall in love with her. Huh. That for me, is really pathetic. Oh but then, she lives happily ever after. Hence, the fact that it IS a Disney movie.

Now, the characters that I really liked, were King Triton, and that cook dude from Prince Eric's castle. The songs, were cheesy. I didn't like them at all.


Recommended to: Disney fans

1 comment:

gothiclolitamaiden said...

Did you know that she dies in the original story by Hans Christian Anderson? I laughed when I found out. Typical Disney.