Tuesday, October 27, 2009

My Sister's Keeper

My Sister's Keeper


By: Jodi Picoult
Reviewed by: awesomeVia, 15
Rating: Really liked it


My Sister's Keeper is one interesting book that addresses a controversial topic.
The story is about a girl named Kate Fitzgerald who has some form of Leukemia and her sister Anna, who's her donor match. Ever since Kate has been diagnosed, her parents conceived Anna for this reason and they use her lymphocytes and her bone marrow. And because Anna soon has to donate her kidney to Kate, she then thinks about it and realizes it will change her life completely and decides to opt out of it. While she wants to opt out of being Kate's donor, she then gets attorneys, Campbell Alexander and Julia Romano to help solve this disagreement. Then we hear about the flashbacks, the point-of-views of other family members, and an utterly unexpected ending.

I think that this story is sad and surprisingly, I didn't cry at all. I do slightly think that its stupid to file a lawsuit to the rights to her own body, why can't they solve it theirselves? And I really liked how each chapter is in a different viewpoint.

Now that it is a movie, well after reading the book, I read a summary of the movie and then realized that it's TOTALLY different. Even the ending is not what I thought it was when I first read it.


Recommended to: People who like Drama, a tear-jerker, fans of Jodi Picoult, cancer-survivors, women, teen girls, chick-flick fans, etc.

No comments: