Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Outsiders

The Outsiders


By: S.E. Hinton
Reviewed by: Lizzie, 17
Rating: It was amazing!


Ponyboy and his friends, go through many obstacles, because of them being "Greasers".

Wow, this book was amazing! I have read this book, countless of times. What I liked about it, most? Well, it was the fact that the characters were REAL. There was real character development, that probably at some point - us the readers could associate with.

My favorite character of course, is Pony Boy Curtis. He reminds me of myself, at some points. He is quiet, he loves to read,- you get the idea. It's written in his view, and at no point, does it get boring. The descriptions of the settings, and the physical traits of the characters, are perfect.

The ending was sad, but it was inspirational, too. I saw how both sides (Socs, and greasers)can have there problems, maybe different kinds, but in the end, I think the lesson was that we are all humans, and maybe were not that different after all.


Recommended to:Those who love drama.

No comments: