Monday, July 13, 2009

The Princess Diaries

The Princess Diaries


By: Meg Cabot
Reviewed by: Lynna, 17
Rating: Really liked it


Mia Thermopolis was an ordinary, maybe even less than ordinary and edging towards geeky, girl until the day she meets her father in NYC. Finding out that she was a the future heir to throne of Genova was insane enough, but actually becoming a princess was the hard part. Her grandmother goes through many ends to prim and prop her social-lacking-inclined granddauther into the proper princess she was born to be.

This was a fun read to me, partly because I enjoy royal stories and Disney movies. Since I was a little girl, I enjoy fantasizing about being something glamorous, like a princess. This book made me laugh, and I was amused throughout the whole story. The characters, plots, and wittiness in dialogue really hooked me in.


Recommended to: 12 yrs +

No comments: