Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Exorcist: The Beginning

The Exorcist: The Beginning


Directed By: Renny Harlin
Reviewed by: Lynna, 17
Rating: Didn't like it


I don't like this horror movie because it was scary, but because it was not. AT ALL. In fact, my friends and I were laughing throughout the whole movie. If there was a part that was scary at all during this movie, it might be the beginning - but that's because it had a suspenseful, mysterious feeling to it. No cries, no horrors, no whimpers were coming out from the audience of my friends and I that night.

This movie was basically about an exorcism; just as the title states. There are many suspects, but in the end you'd be surprised to find out who it is that is being 'possessed by the devil'. There's gore and crazy things like that in this movie... but you might find yourself a little confused. There's a Father in this version that is also the main character, and he goes through many events just to find out WHO the possessed it, and in the end it was almost too late.

People say that this movie was by far the scariest because it's the first, but seriously...no. It was ridiculous, almost entirely humorous because it was just THAT ridiculous. There's probably a lot more scary movies out there than this, folks. If you're a jumpy person then this might work, but if you're looking for real horror, turn your head away from this movie and back away from the shelf. Usually before I go to sleep after watching a good horror flick, I CAN'T go to sleep. That night, I slept soundly, thank you very much.

I guess I shouldn't say this movie was horrible. It was pretty good for back then, and maybe scared the older folks in their generation. So, I didn't necessarily hate it. Because there was suspense and mystery, it earned itself some kudos for me. I just didn't get the "horror" from this "horror flick".


Recommended to: People who likes comedy

No comments: