Monday, July 13, 2009

A Doll's House

A Doll's House


Directed By: Patrick Garland
Reviewed by: Lynna, 17
Rating: It was alright...


When I got this movie, I didn't think it was going to actually be a good watch. I read the book, and I just wanted a better and more visual understanding of it. I definitely have, however, finished it without stopping or pausing. I really, really watched the movie and I was a bit surprised, because the book really wasn't as interesting as the movie. Maybe it was because of the actors, but the play really was performed well; also, I understood it much more.

Basically, the movie is about a woman named Nora who is pampered well by her husband, who is becoming much more respected as the new bank manager. Nora may first strike you as totally greedy and money-driven, but her intentions become quite clearer during the movie. She is actually a very courageous and strong woman, who cared very much for her husband and family. There were entangles of past troubles, including the crime of forgery and the questioning of a woman's independence. There were a lot of symbolism, with Nora being classified as a "doll".

This is a pretty old film, but Claire Bloom and Anthony Hopkins are in it and are pretty good at acting.


Recommended to: Anyone interested in old films

No comments: