Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Eragon

Eragon


By: Christopher Paolini
Reviewed by: Conor, 15
Rating: It was alright...


Eragon is the first novel in the Inheritance Series. The story follows a young unsuspecting farmboy named Eragon, who is chosen by the dragon, Saphira, to be the first new Dragon Rider in a century. The plot was, in a word, distasteful. The writer seemed to have taken a cliché concept and jammed it onto ideas from other works. The plot has an eerie similarity to the original Star Wars Trilogy. I'd rather not give out information on the book, as that is frowned upon. As much as I complain, this is one of the few fantasy novels I've read. I manage to enjoy it, as much of a nitpicker as I am. Christopher Paolini has a talent for words and phrases, not for plot.


Recommended to: Whoever would be interested in reading it. I can't tell you what books you should read.

1 comment:

gothiclolitamaiden said...

I agree, he isn't very good at plotting, and it is a lot like Star Wars.