Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Velvet Underground and Nico

The Velvet Underground and Nico

By: The Velvet Underground
Reviewed by: Matt, 14
Rating: It was amazing!


This is the 1967 debut from The Velvet Underground, they were the first alternative/punk band and paved the way for songs that weren't just about love/surfing/basic weirdness... this album includes amazing songs with both epic and heavy themes.
track listing:
1.Sunday Morning
2.I'm waiting for the Man
3.Femme Fatale
4.Venus in Furs
5.Run, Run, Run
6.All Tomorrow's Parties
7.There She Goes Again
8.I'll Be Your Mirror
9.The Black Angel's Death Song
10.European Son


Recommended to: Anyone really, if you can handle the questionable content

2 comments:

Gina said...

You are listening to WAY cooler music than I did when I was 14. I think I was still listening to Whitney Houston then. Sad.

Unknown said...

Funny thing is I didn't really like this album ( '69s Velvet Underground was my favourite at the time) until I listened to it on vinyl, and after listening to it again several months later, its now one of my favourite albums