Thursday, January 21, 2010

Rated R

Rated R

By: Rihanna
Reviewed by: awesomeVia, 15
Rating: Didn't like it


I have been a Rihanna fan for 4 years now and comparing from her debut in "Music of the Sun" to now, "Rated R", she's changed so...much. This change, because of how in February 2009 at some Grammys party, she go beaten severly by her then-boyfriend Chris Brown and then some domestic violence trial happened. Rihanna took a break until October-November 2009 and then came her most recent album, "Rated R".

I don't like how she's changed. The outfits shown in this album are ugly and are also not appropriate for underage people. She has gotten more seductive and much, much darker. She also dyed her hair blonde (which does not match her skin color and therefore keep her natural hair color, black). Her singing style is more on the rap/hip-hop side which I don't like. The only song I found that I liked was "Russian Roulette" because of how it was mostly piano. Another song I heard, "Hard", I do not the repetitiveness at the end, and her voice sounds artificial. I prefer her last albums to this one.

I do feel sorry for what happened to her last February but I don't like her instant, dramatic change. I like how she's gotten stronger (emotionally) from this and how she teaches other women and brings out a message about domestic violence and her message on 20/20 dramatically increased the domestic violence phonelines.


Recommended to: Rihanna fans, fans of R&B, etc.

No comments: