Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Tokyo Mew Mew, Vols 1-7

Tokyo Mew Mew, Vols 1-7


By: Mia Ikumi and Reiko Yoshida
Reviewed by: Nekomimi 13, 13
Rating: It was alright...


Let me start off saying that I really don't know why I bought the volumes as I read the series. I didn't get them all at once as I had with Full Moon O Sagashite, but still, I really don't get my intentions there.
This was one of those series that has awesome art (with a few exceptions, see below) but has a story that can be quite good to a person who does not have opinions.

Story:
Not too steadily developed. It was the kind of story that was almost thrown together. Ichigo has all these great things and a love interest and every thing is pretty-much peachy-keen for her. It's really a shame that the other four "main" characters didn't really get developed much. Then there's pretty much a bunch of guys that would pretty much kill (themselves) for Ichigo's heart. It gets annoying.

Art:
The eye style is adorable on the girls, but when she does adults, I got confused and thought they were kids. Sometimes she goes overboard with details that are better left out. BTW, there is some... neud... art in it. Nothing too detailed or etchy, but may not be good for young'ins.

Eh, just another so-so manga.


Recommended to: Anyone who has the tragic inability to make opinions. Or anyone who is desperate to read manga but isn't allowed to read teen manga yet.

No comments: