Tuesday, November 17, 2009

1984

1984


By: George Orwell
Reviewed by: Yaz, 16
Rating: It was amazing!


Here is the book that first got me thinking about politics and philosophy.
This is Orwell's dystopia of how he feared the world would become run by a group of cahooting despots by 1984.

The main character, Winston Smith, lives in London in a dictatoeship run by "big brother". In this state there is no love but love for big brother. There is no excitment but patriotism. In this world smith somehow manages to fall in love.. and that's just the start of his problems.

1984 warns us to be wary of those who might take our freedom whilst trying to convince us we are actually gaining extra liberty. Im 16 years old, but I know I will remember it till I am way beyond my age!


Recommended to: Everyone growing up, and if not, still read it!

No comments: