Tuesday, November 24, 2009

New Moon (The Movie)

New Moon


Directed By: Chris Weitz
Reviewed by: Kamille, 14
Rating: It was amazing!


From a teenage girl's perspective, this was an out of this world movie. Of course I might be biased, seeing as I was a bit distracted by the attractive guys, but I think this movie was a real improvement. The actors have really stepped up since the first movie and made this story even better. Kristen Stewart really conveyed the character Bella's conflict and heartache for her beloved Edward Cullen. Robert Patterson was really great as well, and so was Taylor Lautner, who trained hard for his part as Jacob Black. The special affects are without a doubt, far better, and the additional characters really added to the story. When I first heard that a new director would be taking the place of Catherine Hardwicke I wasn't too sure if that would work, especially when I found out that the new director was a man. I didn't think that a man could direct a romance story that's told from a female's point of view. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it did keep that special something that speaks to me as a young woman, and the movie flowed more graciously than before. Chris Weitz did a wonderful job and I think it's something that the whole cast should be proud of.


Recommended to: anyone really, minors with parental permission

No comments: