Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Talk

Talk


Reviewed By: Avery W.
By:Kathe Koja
Rating: Really liked it

Hoping to escape his own life for a while, Kit auditions for the controversial school play, "Talk". In doing so, he discovers that he has a talent for acting. Also, because he's gay, he struggles with the issue of coming out. The story is also told from the viewpoint of Kit's co-star (who is an annoying, bratty, spoiled girl, even though she is an amazing actor.) Oh yeah, she (Lindsay) also decides at the beginning of the book that she's in love with Kit, which causes a whole new set of problems. Because of all this and more, 'Talk' was emotionally charged and beautifully crafted. At one point, I actually got scolded for staying up too late reading it. (I had reached an exciting part in the plot...) The voice the narrators used was something I had never seen before, either, which I liked a lot. All things considered, this was an excellent book, and I had wonderful time reading it.


I would recommend this to: People who like books about actors or LGB (lesbian, gay, bisexual) characters.



No comments: