Thursday, October 25, 2012

To Kill A Mockingbird

By: Harper Lee
Reviewed by:  Sergio E.; 18
Rating:  It was amazing!!

I didn't know what to expect at first when my 12th grade teacher assigned the class to read To Kill A Mockingbird. I didn't think a book with a tree and a bird on the cover would be interesting. Oh how I was wrong. This book was amazing. You're introduced to lovable characters and you get to see how the world looks through the eyes of a child, Scout. Scout is a girl and she lives a very fascinating life in the late 20's in Maycomb county, Alabama. Her life takes her to adventures and the pursuit of liberating her neighbor, Boo Radley, Boo Radley is a simple and innocent man that no one really understands just because of his religious differences. I really liked the way Scout talks about her father, Atticus Finch. Atticus is a great Character to idolized, he's fair, just, and generous. He's a good lawyer and it makes me think about becoming a Lawyer myself. The book also goes on to deal with the way Black people and White people behaved with each other back then. I'd learned a lot from this book especially the consequences of injustice just because of the color of your skin. Which makes me wonder how I'd been treated in the south back then since I'm Mexican and all. All together I strongly recommend that you read this book it's definite a classic and I'm glad my teacher made me read it, I'd learned that even though I'm old enough to vote now I'm still old enough to be innocent and see life through the eyes of a child. Happy Reading Everyone!

Recommended to:  Everyone

No comments: