Thursday, October 18, 2012

The Queen of Kentucky

View full imageThe Queen of Kentucky

By: Alecia Whitaker
Reviewed by: Emily P., 15
Rating: Really liked it

Ricki Jo, or Ericka as she prefers to be called, has always wanted to be part of the cool crowd and have the coolest clothes. And she finally got it. She leaves behind her old friends, and trades them in for new, popular ones. She gets rid of her country clothes, and buys sparkly new ones. Until she finally has to make the choice to completely change or go back and be the Ricki Jo, everyone knows and loves. I liked this book because I think everyone has felt like this at one point in their lives. We want to be someone we are not, and we might lose track of who we are in the process. This book reminded me, to just be me, and not try to look like or act like anyone else.

Recommended to: Everyone

1 comment:

Brandi S. said...

Great report. I totally agree.