Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Paper Towns

View full imagePaper Towns
By: John Green
Reviewed by:  Laura T; 17
Rating:  It was amazing!!

A book that I have enjoyed is “Paper Towns” by John Green. The book follows a boy’s fascination with the antics of his peer and neighbor, Margo Roth Spiegelman, during their senior year of high school. Margo’s abilities of being open-minded, a risk taker, and more knowledgeable than she is given credit inspire me. Also, I personally relate to her reasons for wanting to leave her hometown. John Green describes Margo’s home as a paper town in that it is flimsy and fake, lacking of genuine, interesting people. Margo’s desire to leave and risk living independently fuels her actions. I find this relatable because although I enjoy the creative outlets my home of Fresno has to offer, I am eager to see what other experiences exist.The main character, Quentin, is a foil to Margo because he lives by the rules, without risk. I believe this book was enjoyable because the author writes with experience about teen emotions, especially when it comes to confusion and skepticism about life as one has always known in their hometown.

Recommended to:  High School Seniors, Teens skeptical of Fresno



No comments: