Thursday, October 18, 2012

Men in Black 3

Men in Black 3 Author/Artist: Barry Sonnenfeld
Reviewed by: Jerry, 17

Rating: It was amazing! 

Personally, I am not a big sci-fi movies' lover, but this film is one of the few exceptions. It definitely went beyond the expectation I had when I first sat down in front of the big screen. And for those that feels like you have to watch Man in Black 2 and 1 in order to understand the plot in Man in Black 3, wrong! I haven't seen Man in Black 1 or 2 and I fully understand this film's plot. Furthermore , I was also able to appreciate the various humors throughout the film. In fact, I didn't even have the slightest idea of what this movie is about when I decided to watch it. (If I had knew that this film is a sci-fi movie, I wouldn't have watched it, which would have been a big mistake). 

In general, Man in Black 3 is a typical go-back-in-time-change-the-past-and-save-the-future type of film. What sets it apart from other films of similar insight is that it involves aliens and the main character is Will Smith :) . On a more serious note though, it is the originality of the way the plot plays out that really sets it apart from other similar type films and captures the audiences' attention throughout the whole 106 minutes.
I know I said "the plot is skillfully crafted out" about many other films, but this film's plot is "really" skillfully crafted out. This film makes many connections between the beginning of the film to the very end. For example, why did Agent K hired Agent J as his partner? (That's for you to find out :) ). Its originality and ability to prolong a normal person's attention span from around 8 minutes to almost two hours are what I loved about this film. If this film can turn a non sci-fi moviegoer like me into a fanatic, you will for sure enjoy this film.
 

Recommended to: Everyone

 

No comments: