Monday, August 3, 2009

Mismatch

Mismatch


By: Lensey Namioka
Reviewed by: Tracy L., 13
Rating: Really liked it


I absolutely loved this story. It was about this girl named Sue that was Chinese, and moved to a new school where most of the people were white. She then meets a Japanese boy named Andy, and they have a connection from the beginning.

The problem is that one is Chinese and the other is Japanese. The war between them hit hard for both families, and when the two families first meet, things don't go so well. Eventually, the two familes come together, and become friends.

I loved this story, because it was about a relationship that had ups and downs especially because of their families' histories, and they still stuck together.


Recommended to: teens

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I seriously agree with you. I read the book too and I really didn't know why a Chinese girl (Sue) could date a Japanese guy (Andy), but then it was all because of her grandma who had a traumatic time back in World War II. Geez, her grandma needs to let go. Whatever, I loved your comment.