Monday, August 31, 2009

Breaking Dawn

Breaking Dawn


By: Stephenie Meyer
Reviewed by: awesomeVia, 15
Rating: It was alright...


Okay...it was this book that made me a Twilight fan. I started reading the books and I thought it was okay. Until I read this book, it all changed. But a few months after reading this book, this sudden obsession waned. I found this book kind of stupid but okay in a few. I find the whole series predictable, After I read Eclipse, I actually PREDICTED that whatever will happen to Bella, marriage, sudden unexpected pregnancy, troubles with the Volturi, etc would happen and it did. This book is actually what I predicted will happen.

*next two paragraphs or so are SPOILERS* This is good with just the right dose of sappy romance between Bella and Edward but it kind of goes too far. You'll see why. It's so intensely romantic but Stephenie Meyer put a little too much. I liked the little addition of Renesmee to the story, kind of cute but has a stupid name. Bella must me high off morphine. And scientifically wise, how did Bella's unexpected surprise happen?

I hated the part where Jacob imprints on little Renesmee. Weird and gross, like your uncle or your mom's ex-boyfriend/husband falling in love with you. He kissed her mom!

The book has what every girl reading the series is dying for, the two irrevocably-in-love, forbidden by nature, couple getting married, a perfect honeymoon, having kids, etc. What most girls dream of. Plus Stephenie Meyer kind of pushes feminism a few decades back (women dying from childbirth, dependence on their significant other, etc.) and where it doesn't (saving the whole coven)

Read it you really want a happy ending to this whole series.


Recommended to: Twilight die-hard fans, obsessed with the series, romance-seeking, girls, young women, scarily sappy romance book lovers, etc

1 comment:

gothiclolitamaiden said...

I agree. Imprinting is creepy, the books are predictable, there is a slightly sexist tone to them, and Renesmee's name is just a little silly. You're totally right, Bella depends on her husband and his family, basically. Even if she is a vampire, what about college, what about getting her own job instead of leeching off the Cullens? She's just going to stay at home and raise her imprinted child, I guess.