Thursday, August 13, 2009

Breakout

Breakout

By: Miley Cyrus
Reviewed by: Lynna, 17
Rating: Didn't like it


Ok, I was never a huge Miley Cyrus fan in the first place, but when someone gave me this CD (don't ask why), I was hoping she would get better. But the sun did not rise from the west, day turned to night, night turned to morning, and Miley Cyrus is still short of any "quality" talent (acting/singing).

I still opine that she is the most overrated and irksome celebrity these days, and though she hasn't fallen to the nadir in genuine talent as say, Paris Hilton, she's close. I've heard of crazy stories of parents fighting for a ticket to her concert and that makes me, and many other real music junkies, feel honestly putrid.

I do not 'hate' this album because some of the songs/lyrics are pretty catchy, but her singing just doesn't fit in the spectrum of my music taste. Since the beginning, her voice has never striked me as 'great', as many little girls these day describe her. I honestly think she only got the break through Hannah Montana, which depicts the dream [double] star-strucked life of any little/tween girl - and even that show was annoying to me. Demi Lovato or Selena Gomez would be my pick if I had to choose from Disney, but never Miley.

I'm sorry, Miley/Hannah fans, but I cannot listen (or see) this so-called singer anymore. I'm only letting a bit slip because some of the lyrics are nice. She, in my opinion, is not born to sing. Her voice just doesn't cut it, or she'll need A LOT more work. A LOT.


Recommended to: nooooooone

2 comments:

gothiclolitamaiden said...

Ditto.

Lynna said...

lol