Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Devil Wears Prada

The Devil Wears Prada


Directed By: David Frankel
Reviewed by: Lynna, 17
Rating: Didn't like it


The Devil Wears Prada is a personal favorite of many people I know, but it barely made my Totally-Worth-Watching list. I was easily distracted and bored on and off throughout the movie, and the end it disappointed me. The ending was dull and banal and trite... I was hoping for something more. Maybe have Miranda at least cool off a bit with Andy? Ha, not the case.

Anyways, don't want to ruin the movie, but then again, I'm not recommending you this movie. It's basically about a girl named Andy who wants to snag a job in journalism, and ends up working for a magazine as an assistant to the cynical, feared, respected - Miranda Priestly, magazine editor and basically the top boss. Andy has to deal with tons of crapola from Miranda, who's ruthless but observant and maybe even impressed throughout the story with Andy and her hardworking and unique personality. Andy endangers her private life with her beau just by working in such industry and for Miranda. The ending? Bland. Not what I wanted, that's for sure. But yes, Andy is happy. And she still works in journalism.

Anyways, not my cup of tea. Trust me, I didn't pay attention to some parts because I couldn't. There was so many better things to do or watch. This is my opinion, of course. I'm sure there are a lot of fans of this movie that will quickly land themselves in a discord with me.


Recommended to: Nah...

No comments: