Friday, October 17, 2014

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest


Reviewed By: Perla A.
By: Ken Kesey
Rating: It was amazing!

When reading the summary of the book I never really thought I would enjoy the book very much but to me surprise, I loved it! The narrator Chief Bromden is in an mental institution with some other patients who have they own issues, most of them are there because they just don't seem to fit into society. By today's standards they would be considered average but during this time era it was a novelty and they were judged for who they were. The Randle Patrick McMurphy comes into the ward and disrupts any type of system and order that there was. Nurse Ratched, is the one in charge at the ward and she keeps everyone on a short leash. She becomes very upset with the kind of power McMurphy is giving the patients,she is used to controlling everyone at her own will so this really gets her an. Nurse Ratched and McMurphy really go at each other and at the end there is a twist that I wasn't expecting. When analyzing the book as whole and the small details that are most of the time overlooked I was able to figure out so many things. One of my favorite books by far!


I would recommend this to: Anyone, it has humor and defiance and just everything



No comments: