Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Vampire Kisses

Vampire Kisses


By: Ellen Schreiber
Reviewed by: gothiclolitamaiden, 15
Rating: Really liked it


It's official. I'm addicted to vampire romance. And since Twilight was the first vampire romance I picked up, I'm afraid I'll have to compare Vampire Kisses to Twilight. First off, Vampire Kisses can be more entertaining than Twilight because of its sassy goth heroine, Raven. Bella is very sarcastic, but Raven is a lot more interesting. Raven is the only goth girl in a conservative town that she has dubbed "Dullsville." She's a pariah at school and only has one friend, Becky. The leading vampire is Alexander, and he is the typical vampire boyfriend, perfect in every way, which can be a little bit tiring. The vampire romance in the story may feel a bit cliched to some readers. For me the most entertaining aspect of the book was Raven's rebellion against the lifestyle of typical "Dullsvillians" and her unwillingness to conform


Recommended to: Girls 13+ Like Twilight, guys may not enjoy it very much.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you read the manga series Vampire Knight? Totally fits your vampire romance genre :-)

Jennifer said...

Just ordered Vampire Kisses graphic novels for the library...should show up in the catalog soon. You'll have to let me know how they compare.

Anonymous said...

I badly want to read Vampire Knight! Thanks for ordering the Vampire Kisses manga! I've been wanting to read it. I'm eagerly awaiting the sixth Vampire Kisses book.