Monday, October 6, 2008

The Haunting of Alaizabel Cray

The Haunting of Alaizabel Cray


By: Chris Wooding
Reviewed by: gothiclolitamaiden, 15
Rating: Really liked it


Some Spoilers

The story takes place in an alternate version of London during the turn of the century era. Beings called wych-kin have overrun parts of the city and a serial killer is on the loose. Warning: Do not read this book after sundown. I enjoyed this book a lot. Who doesn't love a good scare every once in a while? The characters were all fascinating, but I think some of them could have been developed a bit more. The writing was very descriptive, and all of the different wych-kin are interesting. I find myself wanting a sequel or a prequel to this book. The story leaves me wanting to know more about Stitch-Face. Why is he a monster?


Recommended to: Teens 14+. Also, fans of supernatural or horror stories.

No comments: