Saturday, October 4, 2008

Cirque Du Freak: A Living Nightmare

Cirque Du Freak: A Living Nightmare


By: Darren Shan
Reviewed by: Allyson F., 14
Rating: Really liked it


I personaly love this series. I've only read up to the fourth volume, but so far I love it. This book is about a spider-loving boy named Darren Shan who go to a circus with freaks(People who were born different then other people. For example, a snake boy, a man with two bellies, a bearded lady, etc.)in it. All because of one mistake, Darren's life changes drastically. I won't say anymore because I don't want to ruin it for anyone. Next time you go to the library check out the Dirque Du Freak saga! I promise you that you won't regret it.


Recommended to: Anybody who likes vampires and wants to read a thrilling book.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Confession: I haven't read any of this series, but I think I might now! I wonder if fans of this series would also like Freaks: Alive, on the Inside! by Annette Curtis Klause? Maybe? Darren Shan also has a series called Demonata and it's pretty gruesome. (In a good way.)

Anonymous said...

I ABSOLUTLY AGREE!!! This book is amazing, and very well written. And very descriptive. Its one of the series to where book one, you have to pratically remeber everything, cause it all adds up to the very end. I have read the whole series, and i must say, it is my favorite book ever. Darren shan is awesome, xDD And the way he describes things, it makes you feel like your actually there, walking along with darren and harket and evra and mr. Crepsley. The evil villains, the romance, the mystery, the action, everything all in this series... its amazing!! Once you start, you cant stop till your at the very end.