Monday, September 13, 2010

Legend of the Seeker - Season 1

Legend of the Seeker - Season 1

Created by: Sam Raimi, Terry Goodkind
Reviewed by: Kait, 16
Rating: It was amazing!


So if any of you kids checked out my last review for "Wizards First Rule" (yeah, I'm aware of the major typo in the fact that the title of the book should be underlined, not put in quotation marks, but seeing as I have ZERO clue how to do that y'all are just going to have to chill while my OCD beats me up. That being said...) which I'm sure none of you actually did (though now you totally should because I'm guilting you into it HAHAHA!)you would know that "Legend of the Seeker" the TV show is based upon Terry Goodkind's series "Sword of Truth."

This makes me so dang happy.

Why?

Because now we all get to see incredibly attractive New Zealand actors portraying one of my new favorite book series :DDD

Ladies: Craig Horner (who plays the protagonist Richard Cypher, the first true Seeker of Truth in the last thousand years) does many scenes sans shirt. You think Taylor Lautner is hot? Think again.

Boys: Bridget Reagan ain't too hard on the eyes either ;)

Both: Same story line! Yeah, most of the individual episodes are hybrids of the plot from the story, so the series is BASED upon the books, not a literal translation. BUT this is okay because you still meet a lot of the same characters (Like Zedd, Rahl, Giller, Denna, etc.) even if you lose out on some (Yeah the mud people don't even exist here. Whatevz.). But there are random surprises like Cara (a Mord S'ith from the third book "Blood of the Fold") who pops up in the last episode of Season 1 (and all of Seeason 2).

So the gist?

I basically watched all 22 episodes in one weekend. That's how good this is. Same characters, same plot, same purpose, plus actors and special effects (The sound effects on the agiels is so tight I swear - Jessica Marais [who plays Mistress Denna] actually recorded several screams, which the tech people warped into this high-pitched shriek of the agiel :D SO TIGHT).

Your homework for the week?

Borrow this DVD from the library. I'll return it pretty quick and you can all fight over it (request lists ftw) and make me proud! (Aren't my little ones all grown up!!!) Then you can get hooked on it like me and borrow all of the books (there are 11 total) and join Team Cypher like my and my best friend. I believe in you, and that in and of itself should be more than enough motivation my duckies.

Peace kids :D


Recommended to: Series? Anyone over 14. Books? Anyone over 16 (there are some raunchy scenes). Fandom? Everyone. I expect housepets, imaginary friends, and unborn children to be Team Cypher.

1 comment:

Kait said...

Thanks, but I'm not sure what you meant about more details? We can talk through comments here if you like :)