Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Vampirates: Blood Captain

Vampirates: Blood Captain


By: Justin Somper
Reviewed by: Lizzie, 17
Rating: It was amazing!


New troubles arise for the Vampire/Pirate ships. Grace hopes that Lorcan will gain his sight, meanwhile Conner deals with a new ship mate.

Wow! This book again, blew me away! This is book 3 of the Vampirate Series. What can I say? Oh I know, BETTER than Twilight! I always liked Action Adventure, and maybe some romance. This book has everything. So let's start shall we?

Grace, the Captain and Lorcan (along with his donor) travel to a place called, "Sanctuary". Hoping that a healer can help gain his sight. As we travel along with Grace, we see new charactors, and new questions. I started to feel the tension, and the excitment! Let's discuss the characters in this book.

Lorcan: Way BETTER than Edward. Lorcan isn't some stalker, and he dosen't "sparkle". Anyways, in this book, I could see clearly that indeed- he had romantic feelings for Grace. Though however, he IS much older than her. But, I got the impression that Lorcan knew Grace & Connor way before she was born (the mystery somehow!). Anyways, I felt that Lorcan's character didn't drift at all.

Grace: Eh, well she isn't BELLA SWAN. I can guarantee you that. Okay, well she is sort of a strong character, but I felt that she made unnessary drama? Like the sterotypical gal, who cries alot, and makes it so obvious that she likes Lorcan. I dunno. In this book, you can tell that in a sense she sort of matured, but probably not the best.

Connor: Ah, he was my favorite. In the other book, "Vampirates: Tide of Terror" I could see that is was maturing a lot. Connor knows what he dosen't and what he does want. Sure, sort of like grace too, but he has more of a "sense" of things. For example (not giving away to much spoilers), he is a very good pirate, and he pretty much believes thats what he wanted at first. But...later on, he see's the other side of piracy. And that's where the readers can feel his nobleness, and can easily associate with that. In the end, the reader has more respect for Connor, in that sense.

Villians. New and old villians make this book more bloodier than ever! The tone dosen't drift away, and it maintains true to the plot. Each character is somehow unique, and makes the story what it is. There are many twists and turns, which leads us to "Vampirates: Black Heart".

If you are seeking for Action Adventure, Romance, Humor, Horror....then this book has it all.


Recommended to: Anyone who loves Pirates, and Vampires

No comments: