Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Ghost Dancer

Ghost Dancer


By: John Case
Reviewed by: Yaz, 16
Rating: Hated it!


I have to admit that this is my first novel by John Case and probably is my last if this is novel is indicative of his writing.

The story in a nutshell: a photographer falls in love with a doctor who dies. Many flaws with this novel. The author never really cultivates the characters. The lead hero is not really much of a hero. Nor does he offer many reasons why we should like this person. There is very little compelling about our lead to like.

Then you have the bad guy. Ok, we get that he has a reason to do what he does. But it just does not seem to work in this book. What are the motivations of this character other than revenge? I found myself asking myself why anyone would do what this character was doing.

And then we get to the pacing of the novel. The hero has about the first 20 pages to himself. And then doesn't show up again until two thirds of the way through the novel. I found myself struggling not to put the book down.

If you are a fan of action, I'd probably say skip this one. There are plenty better.


Recommended to: No one

No comments: