Friday, June 19, 2009

The Great Gatsby

The Great Gatsby


By: F. Scott Fitzgerald
Reviewed by: Lynna, 17
Rating: Didn't like it


This book seemed absolutely pointless to me, especially the ending. Honestly, I don't understand how this is one of the greatest American literatures. The beginning drags on and on, and the ending - holy cow, how lame was that? The story was short-lived, and the connection between the characters could've at least been a bit more stronger, or genuine at least.

This wasn't exactly my type of literature, but when I heard it was good in my class, I was SO expecting much more. The only interesting this in this story was probably the death of Myrtle and relationship between Gatsby and Nick. Daisy doesn't deserve anyone, in my opinion, but the selfish Tom. I mean, I know the main conflicts in this story meant flawed characters, but the story was already faulty itself. I was bored out of my mind.


Recommended to: Not many people.

No comments: