Wednesday, June 17, 2009

First They Killed My Father

First They Killed My Father


By: Loung Ung
Reviewed by: Lynna, 17
Rating: Really liked it


This was a haunting, heart-wrenching book but it was a wonderful read. Especially because of the fact that this was based on real-life experiences, the writer did a wonderful job writing through her childhood self... very sad story. This was about the Communist/Pol Pot takeover of Cambodia, and you would seriously cry, if not get sad, reading this. I wish I can say more... but it's the kind of book that you would have to read to really feel the speeclessness I'm feeling. If you think Hitler was horrible, you'll find this just twice as insanely horrible - and true too! I highly recommend this book as it opens eyes to the world we have and are living in.


Recommended to: Everyone!!!

2 comments:

gothiclolitamaiden said...

This sounds really interesting, but sad! Sometimes the history books overlook certain atrocities (like the Pol Pot takeover, which I've only heard mentioned once before now) due to bigger atrocities,

gothiclolitamaiden said...

This sounds really interesting, but sad! Sometimes the history books overlook certain atrocities (like the Pol Pot takeover, which I've only heard mentioned once before now) due to bigger atrocities,