Monday, April 13, 2009

Trickster's Choice

Trickster's Choice


By: Tamora Pierce
Reviewed by: kk09, 13
Rating: Really liked it


When I read this book I was really captured by the author's intriguing way of using the history of Tudor England and combining it with the exotic culture of Indonesia. I really enjoyed this book because the author writes another fascinating adventure about a female and the author involves the use of politics. I also enjoy how the author really tries to capture the reader’s imagination as the read the book by using very vivid descriptions of the main character’s surroundings.

In this story, Alianne of Pirates Swoop, better known as Aly, gets captured by a group of pirates who make her a slave and sell her. As she goes on this adventure, she makes a wager with the God Kyprioth to keep a family alive that was in his particular interest. Learn more about Aly and her journey as she finds new ways to defend the royal family.

I really enjoyed this book and would really recommend it to other readers. I would also like to add that before reading this book, you might have a better understanding if you read the Tortall Books by Tamora Pierce such as The Song of the Lioness Quartet and The Immortals Quartet. After reading this adventurous book, to learn more about Aly’s journey then read further about her journey with the Trickster’s Queen.


Recommended to:Everyone

2 comments:

gothiclolitamaiden said...

The best author...ever, other than JK Rowling. I love this book, and all of her others, she explores modern-day social issues using fantasy literature, and I love it!

gothiclolitamaiden said...

The best author...ever, other than JK Rowling. I love this book, and all of her others, she explores modern-day social issues using fantasy literature, and I love it!