Friday, April 10, 2009

Tantalize

Tantalize


By: Cynthia Leitich Smith
Reviewed by: Lynna, 17
Rating: It was alright...


TWILIGHT LOVERS: You might just be interested in this book. Haha...

Alright, well to start off with on my intake of this novel... it's not nearly as good as Twilight, but it's a good read if you're doing nothing. It's kind of funny, but not laugh-out-loud funny... just ironically humorous - you know, just a twang here and there with how the story is written. If you think about the whole idea and the plot and everything, you're just going to smirk.

It's about a girl name Quincie who has a werewolf-hybrid boyfriend and lives with her uncle, who's an Italian chef. Her parents are dead, and later on her uncle dies too and they need to find a new chef. With that said, Brad the vampire comes strolling in for the job. Everyone seems to be amused by his presence, everyone, that is, except for Kieren (aka the werewolf beau), who has a dislike for vampires for (idk why, but it seems to be official now) vampires and werewolves have always been 'destined and instinctual' enemies. And Brad seems to take a liking for Quincie, and this threatens her and Kieren's relationship. The ending was a little uncalled for, but I won't spoil it for you...

Well, anyways, that's what the story is all about. I guess it's sort of supposed to be passionate, but really, it's a book you want to read just cuz you have nothing to do. I read it on a long road trip and finished it, feeling a little disappointed in the ending but, overall, I was just glad just because I had something to read!


Recommended to: Teenage girls

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually really disliked this book, not only was the ending totally stupid but the character Quincie really got on my nerves throughout the whole book.

Lynna said...

Haha I agree, what really got on my nerves was the way Quincie acted. But hey, I actually ended up finishing it, which says a lot since I usually never get pass the middle of a horrible book if I struggle to get through every page.

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a Twilight ripoff, to be brutally honest. I (this is just my personal opinion, please don't be offended) don't think of Twilight as a well-written book, and if I was this author I would have maybe chosen a different book to rip off, LOL. It seems that most fantasy/horror/romance authors these days are writing vampire books simply because Twilight is "in." And it's painfully obvious when you pick up these Twilight clones that the author rushed the writing process so that the book could get published before the Twilight craze died off. Sorry, I'm ranting, aren't I?

Lynna said...

No, lol, you're right. I've been pondering about this and that's why I find Twilight to be essentially and sadly overrated these days, with the ideas of vampires and junk. This book really did seemed kinda rushed, now that I think about it. I feel ya though! :P