Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Musashi #9 Volume 1

Musashi #9 Volume 1


By: Takahashi Miyuki
Reviewed by: gothiclolitamaiden, 15
Rating: Really liked it


Musashi #9 is about a 16-year old girl who battles terrorists and extremists. I enjoyed it because I'm a little bit of a political geek. I didn't enjoy it because the plot was episodic. Each chapter of Musashi #9 is a different case. None of the characters ever appear in more than one chapter, except for Musashi herself. There are new villains and new supporting characters every time around. I hope that the series can develop some sort of continuity and perhaps reveal more about Musashi's past. I want to get to know the characters, including Musashi. I especially want to know why she joined or was selected for Ultimate Blue.... The art isn't very flashy, but from what I could see, there were no problems with proportions. Like I said before, I kind of liked the politics, even though some of it seemed unlikely. There wasn't a lot of humor in the story, and usually it was super-deformed humor. Musashi appears to have no sense of humor. Overall, it was a good read.


Recommended to: Action fans, people who like world politics, Ages 13+ for blood

No comments: