Monday, November 10, 2008

Dragon Eye


Dragon Eye

By: Kairi Fujiyama
Reviewed by: gothiclolitamaiden, 15
Rating: Really liked it


I have to agree with ha11ow33nm4n, this is a lot like Naruto. Not a total rip off, but very similar in a lot of ways. First off, the VIUS reminds me of the shinobi, defending the city and all of that. Some of the characters are similar. Issa is a lot like Naruto, he doesn't seem to be taking his job very seriously, but is more powerful than he looks. Leila is like Sakura, studious and dedicated. Yukimura is similar to Sasuke, seeking revenge, but for a different reason. Surprisingly there is no love triangle in Dragon Eye, as of yet. Dragon Eye also reminded me of a video game. "Clear the dungeon of all enemies and defeat the boss." I would like for the bad guys to be a little more original. The plot is interesting, despite some shonen cliches. The tension between Issa and Yukimura especially. Something tells me that we'll learn more about Issa's past in future volumes. The art is good and each character design is distinct and very memorable. I would like to see some more character development, especially for Leila. It would suck if the only female character faded into the background because of poor development.

Recommended to: Fans of shonen. The violence isn't especially bad, so I think the 13+ rating might be somewhat harsh. I'd go with 11+

No comments: