Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Twilight (The Movie)

Twilight


Directed by: Catherine Hardwicke
Reviewed by: Lynna, 17
Rating: It was alright...


all me crazy, but I just watched the movie on DVD. :P

Anyway, compared to the book - I would rather spend hours and hours reading the book than watch the two-hour movie. I mean, the movie wasn't bad, but the book will never disappoint me as much as the movie did. I think the casting of Edward and Bella could be better, but I guess the movie really planted the images of Bella and Edward to Kristen and Rob in many Twilight fans' minds. I pictured a more vivid, if not a little more energized, Bella; and as for Edward, someone less awkward, if you get my drift...

The movie seemed so rushed compared to the book, and many scenes were hastily reenacted to the point where I just sat there with my jaw opened - dismayed that these scenes are the portrayal, or supposedly, of scenes from the book. But I guess movies can't last too long (or people would be sitting in the theatres a little TOO long), and this movie especially. I just hope the sequel movies are more interesting. I love reading the Twilight series, and watching it wasn't half as addicting or fun, but I enjoyed some of it. There are awkward, funny scenes... if you haven't watched it, which I truly doubt since almost everyone has already - and more than once, even. Once is enough for me, however. :)


Recommended to: Teens, Twilight Fans

No comments: