Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side

Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side


By: Beth Fantaskey
Reviewed by: Lynna, 17
Rating: It was amazing!


Holy simoly! This book really got me hooked. If you're up for addicting, then lo' behold- Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side awaits you!

Alright... so in the beginning I was like, "This is sooo Twilight..." but then, I thought to myself, that's stupid. Not everything should be related, directly or indirectly (although I don't see the difference, it's totally subjective on both terms), Twilight. And seriously, I'm getting annoyed by having romance be cliched with vampires and Cullens of Twilight. People shouldn't make everything and perceive everything as scenes from Twilight. It's ridiculous.

Well, anyway, I initially thought that way, and I told myself to stop and just enjoy the story. And I did. Seriously, really, really did. It was amusing, and the further I got in reading into it, the more difficult it was for me to get away from it. I took it with me grocery shopping (mainly because I was never an avid grocery shopper in the first place and well, this book was entrancing), on the car rides between shopping, and while doing chores. Yeah - I was really into it. And I finished it in half a day.

I found that this book cannot compare to Twilight, even thought it involves vampires and romances and suspense. I actually enjoyed Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side a lot more, particularly because it was much more realistic and practical than Twilight. Twilight's was all fantasy and flawlessness, in my opinion. I enjoyed Twilight because it was an amusing read. I enjoyed Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side because it was based on something solid, real. There were flaws in the characters, and I might even like Lucius than Edward, as I have already with Jessica/Antanasia over Bella. Alright... enough with the comparisons. :P

You'll understand when you lay your hands on this book. Incredibly amazing, and I'm sad I'm done with it already. The ending was simple and a little disappointing as I want to know more, like the epilogue, but I really liked it. Good read, fantastic details based upon real history of Romania, wonderful set of characters, and awesome first book. Kudos to the author... if there was a movie made from this, I truly don't think I'd ever like it as much as having the joy of actually reading it on pages. When I'm into a book, it's hard to pry my fingers off of it - and this, surely, is one of those books!


Recommended to: Twilight Fans, take a look at this (:

No comments: