Friday, May 22, 2009

Dirty Dancing

Dirty Dancing


Directed by: Emile Ardolino
Reviewed by: Lizzie, 17
Rating: Hated it!


In the summer of 1963, Baby meets Johnny, and soon becomes his partner in dancing and in love.

I never watched it before, because I felt I was not old enough to watch it. Goodness, where do I even start? This movie bothered me so much, in many ways. So let's start.

In the movie, so called "Baby" is only 17 years old, and the dude "Johnny" is like around his twenties, or early thirties? CNN anyone? That disgusts me, so much. Now, supposbly "Baby" goes from naiive to becoming a women. Okay, so sleeping around with an older dude, and doing the conga [insert sarcasm here] is considered becoming a woman?

The name "Baby" is so annoying. Who calls someone baby, just like a regular name? What I think should have been done, is "Baby's" father should have given her a good spanking.


So...the main moral of the story here is, do some "Dirty Dancing" and you will find your true self, and fall in love? Give me a break, of a Kit Kat bar!

Oh but hello! Johnny lifted Baby up into the air in the end! What a big accomplishment! I don't see the hype of this movie, at all.


Recommended to: Out of the question

1 comment:

Chelseabells said...

You make some great points but I think that you are trying too hard to over-analyze this classic movie. First of all, its a "Dance Flick" and like all 80s dance movies (ie; footloose, Flashdance, Fame), they don't exactly uphold a strong moral message. its personally one of my favorite movies and i think you should give it another chance, cause sometimes you need a little "cheezy 80s-ness" to break life's monotony