Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Loud

Loud

By: Rihanna
Reviewed by: awesomeVia, 16
Rating: It was alright...


Alas, I have not reviewed in over a month. Anyways, the last time I reviewed Rihanna was on her last album titled "Rated R" which I said I did not like. With her most recent album "Loud", I would say it is better than her last album but it is not as good as her songs in the past (e.g. from her "Good Girl Gone Bad" album).

The song I enjoyed was "What's my Name" with Drake featured in it. I like the content of the lyrics and how much of a mini-love story it sounds and with Drake included, it makes it even better. Also, that was probably one of the only few songs that did not sound too electronic and shows Rihanna's true singing ability (The accompanying music video shows the chemistry between the two). The song "Only Girl (in the World" sounds very repetitive in the chorus, but I like the idea that one wants to feel like they are the only girl in the world to that guy. The song "S&M" makes Rihanna seem very sadistic and masochistic (the whole purpose of the song) and again, the chorus is very repetitive. The song "Cheers (Drinks to That)" is a song that has Avril Lavigne as one of the writers and has some qualities from one of Lavigne's songs "I'm with you" and also has repetitive lyrics. All the songs on the album are catchy but have very lacking lyrics with a few exceptions. Overall, if it weren't for "What's my Name", then the album would have been far more lacking. Overall, the album is okay.


Recommended to: Rihanna fans, etc...

No comments: