Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A Child Called "It"

A Child Called "It"


By: Dave Pelzer
Reviewed by: Tracy L., 13
Rating: It was amazing!


A Child Called "It" is a story of one of the most severe child abuse cases in California History. When I read this book, I was amazed at the extent of how some child abuse cases have gone. Dave's mother is an alcoholic that is unstable. She has beaten, starved, and even stabbed her son, Dave, making him almost die at times.

Dave is isolated from his family, not being able to eat or watch television with his family at all. His bed is an army cot and he wears the same clothes every single day. He occasionally gets food, but only if he finishes his chores on time, and still then, he only gets scraps of leftovers.

After reading this book, I have opened my eyes to things I never knew existed, and recommend this book to anyone.


Recommended to: Older Teens

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow... child abuse makes me speechless. It's absolutely HORRIBLE! Everything about it is terrible, and the thought of abusing such vulnerable children makes me sick.

I had been planning to read this for a long time... thanks for reminding me!