Monday, October 20, 2014

Love Letters to the Dead

Love Letters to the Dead


Reviewed By: Avery W.
By: Ava Dellaira
Rating: Really liked it

'Love Letters to the Dead' follows the daily life of a girl named Laurel as she struggles to come to terms with her sister's death. (It is written like a series of letters, which explains the title.) I found most of the story interesting, and I thought that the characters were pretty vivid and realistic. My only complaint was that, at times, the writing became somewhat static. The rest of the story made up for that fault, though; the overall tone is hopeful and generally quite lovely. I can't say 'Love Letters to the Dead' was a book I couldn't stop reading, but it definitely wasn't a book I regret reading, either.


I would recommend this to: Teens, probably girls, though guys could like it too (if they don't mind walking around with a book that has "love letters" on the front.)



No comments: