Thursday, July 28, 2011

Something Borrowed

Something Borrowed

By: Emily Giffin

Reviewed by: awesomeVia, Age 17

Rating: It was all right.

A few weeks ago I picked up the book called "Something Borrowed." I heard from my friends that it was an amazing book. When I read it, I did not think it was amazing, but okay.

here's how the story goes (*SPOILER ALERT!): Rachel, a single, [recent] 30 year old lawyer living in Manhattan, feels the pressure to get married and to start a family. Her best friend Darcy is engaged and about to get married to Dex even though she is only a few months younger than Rachel. She blabs in the first chapter how she thought turning 30 would be all that and amazing, but when she actually turns 30, she does not feel joyful but depressed of all the things she would be doing already at 30. She also discusses how her best friend [from childhood], Darcy, has always been the outgoing, flashy one [who partied in high school] while Rachel was the good girl who stayed at home studying for tests and got straight-A's. On the night of Rachel's birthday, Rachel got really drunk and without knowing, she slept with Dex, Darcy's fiance. And after all that involves drama, a love triangle, and friendship problems.

the one thing I disliked about the book is how Rachel keeps feeling bad about herself for not being what Darcy is and I feel Rachel is probably jealous of Darcy. And Darcy being mad is absolutely not a good sight.

I would recommend this to: Women

What library do you go to?: Woodward Park

No comments: