Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Small Acts of Amazing Courage

Small Acts of Amazing Courage

By: Gloria Whelan

Reviewed by: Tahrima, age 14

Rating: Really liked it

I love how Gloria Whelan expresses Rosalind's character -- daring, persistent and socially concerned. Whelan has other characters that are well developed, too. I could clearly picture the setting because of Whelan's descriptive writing. The chapters stop at intriguing point in the story, which keeps the action going. This book also has sudden plot twists, some of which are funny. I wasn't pleased with her conclusion, however, because some of the characters' fates are left untold. I had never read a book by Gloria Whelan before, so this book has prompted me to read some of her other works. Since I love historical fiction, I really enjoyed learning about India's Ghandi era. The vocabulary is a little advanced but, other than that...

I would recommend this to: other fans of historical fiction

No comments: