Monday, July 18, 2011

Green Lantern

The Green Lantern

By: Martin Campbell

Reviewed by: awesomeVia, age 17

Rating: Really liked it!

I admit, I never really read the Green Lantern comics. But I could still understand the movie. The movie had many funny scenes and when I read the Fresno Bee review saying that in the comic version, the costumes were made of energy (hard to believe though) but in the film version, that could not be duplicated so it had to be made of spandex and other materials so the movie in some aspects couldn't be true to the comics but since I am not a die-hard comic fan, I can't really say how true the movie was to the comics. But as a theater-goer, I liked it. I loved Blake Lively's performance in the movie and that she was not cast as some sex object to lure the male audience and Ryan Reynold's character but as a serious co-worker and love-interest. Plus she looks stunning as a brunette. Ryan Reynolds does a good job in making some of the scenes hilarious. And I also loved the romantic ending of the movie.


I would recommend this to: Fans of superhero movies

What library do you go to?: Woodward Park

No comments: