Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The Great Gatsby

The Great Gatsby


By: F. Scott Fitzgerald
Reviewed by: awesomeVia, 17
Rating: It was alright...

This is another one of those books that I have read that didn't make me fall asleep. I kind of like this book because it took place in one of my favorite eras in history, the Roaring '20s.


I find Gatsby to be a very mysterious man and Daisy to be a bit of a heartbreaker. Nick the narrator was just observant and nothing too much in particular.

I liked the main theme being the American dream and of how Gatsby did almost everything to get Daisy -and even used Daisy as his motivation to succeed: going from farm boy in the midwest to a guy owning a mansion in the West Egg and holding lavish parties- to like him and etcetera but the sad thing is that she is already married and doesn't have the best morals. She freaking broke his heart. Oh what guys would do for a pretty girl. And many do say that Gatsby is just obsessed.

Otherwise, I find this book decent.

Recommended to: Almost everyone

No comments: