Friday, June 3, 2011

Canterbury Tales

Canterbury Tales


By: Geoffrey Chaucer
Reviewed by: Szoghi, 17
Rating: Hated it!


We had to read this book in my English class during the year. It was by far one of the worst things I have ever read. Although some people enjoy and appreciate the way Chaucer managed to incorporate and weave the character's stories together, I wasn't too impressed by the boring stories he told. It is about a company of twenty nine pilgrims, who meet at a tavern, and will travel to Canterbury. The author discusses the stories of these characters, which are extraordinarily boorish in my opinion. In summation, I would not recommend this book to anyone, unless they are becoming an English major in college and need something to wrack their brains with.


Recommended to: Ages 19 and Up

No comments: