Monday, February 7, 2011

Sigh No More

Sigh No More

By: Mumford & Sons
Reviewed by: Kait, 16
Rating: It was amazing!


Before I commence with the review, I should preface this with a warning. If you like cheap, corny, popular music (e.g. anything that would be played at a school dance or on major adult-contemporary radio stations) you most likely will not like Mumford & Sons. Each and every friend of mine to whom I have recommended this music disliked it at least moderately. So you've been warned.

That being said, if you in any way enjoy folksy indie music you will fall in love. M&S is a fairly well-known indie band (which will hurt any hipster hearts out there - I cringed a bit when I realized that it wasn't as obscure as I had hoped)hailing from jolly old England that I would liken to a male A Fine Frenzy. The music is incredibly calm, predominantly accoustic sounds (with a banjo, don't shoot the messenger) yet they weave in the instruments so fluidly that you cannot help but calm down while listening to it.

My favorite tracks off of the album "Sigh No More" include "The Caves" (their most popular song), "White Blank Page," "Little Lion Man," and "Awake My Soul." A couple of the tracks like "Roll Away your Stone" kind of skate towards a twangy-country sound, so I avoid them as much as possible.

However, the album as a whole has a really peaceful quality to it that I really dig. If you're even remotely interested, check it out :)

Peace Kids


Recommended to: 16&Up for language

2 comments:

Faythe said...

Awake My Soul is my favorite!

Kait said...

That's a great one! :)