Friday, January 6, 2012

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Pt.1

Reviewed by: awesomeVia, 17
Director: Bill Condon

Your Rating: It was alright
One lesson learned: never ever expect too much out of a movie. Yes, I expected too much out of the movie version of Breaking Dawn, the movie of the book written by Stephenie Meyer. I obsessed three years (since my freshman year) over this book and I was anxious for the movie to come out. Turns out I did expect too much. Of course I would have been disappointed.
If you have read the book, you'd know how the movie is going to go. Also, just because it's Hollywood, there would be changes in the movie from the book to shorten this to about two hours.
I liked some of the parts and some were pretty funny. Anna Kendrick sneaked in some humor into her part as Jessica, Bella's human friend. Robert Pattinson (Edward) also sneaked in some humor. There was some outrageously cute scenes and a wide array of awkward scenes. The romantic scenes in the movie were very awkward. The birth scene was very horrific but cool at the same time. The wedding kiss between Bella and Edward was too long. The wedding toasts were pretty hilarious. I can't really say much about Jacob.
In the movie, you can obviously see the magic of CGI being put to use as they made Kristen Stewart (Bella) look sickly and scary at the same time as well as make her pregnancy realistic. Bella's dreams were portrayed interestingly.
Overall, I thought the movie was okay. I don't know if I am anticipating for Part 2 to come out next year, but we'll see.
I would recommend this to...: Twilight fans, most people, anyone over 13

No comments: