Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Mummy: Tomb Of The Dragon Emperor

The Mummy: Tomb Of The Dragon Emperor


Directed by: Rob Cohen
Reviewed by: Lizzie, 17
Rating: Didn't like it


The movie is about the rise of the dragon emperor. Rick and the others have to kill the emperor before he awakes his army.

I couldn't think of a better summary, probably because I am negative about this movie. Alright, let's start off with the plot itself. I am not against chinese, but this made no sense with the movie. I have been a huge fan of the first 2 Mummy movies, and this one failed 100%. I didn't get the feel of the movie. Everything seemed like blah. I didn't like the fact that it is set in China, with a chinese mummy. They could have done something with a egyptian storyline, like Cleopatra, King tut, and etc.

Now, with the characters. Rick was not himself like the first two movies. I felt that his character was drifted away. Eve. Don't get me started with the NEW person playing her. I have always loved the first actress, she was the EVE. This girl was pretty, but she wasn't Eve. She was just different, and I didn't get the vibe. That's probably why the movie sucked altogether. jonathan seemed boring too. He is usually funny, but in this movie, it's like they tried to make him funny, and he just didn't have a role in this one. I can't really describe it.

Oh and Alex, the son of Rick and Eve. He is so annoying. I think his character would have been more bearable, if it wasn't the dumb plot. So yes, their was some funny stuff in the movie, and some action scenes, but I seriously felt that it drifted away from everything- from the characters, to the plot.


They ruined my favorite series with that movie. I am just going to stick to the first 2 movies.


Recommended to: No one

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more! What were they thinking when they changed the actress for Eve?