Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Crunch Time

Crunch Time


By: Mariah Fredericks
Reviewed by: Lynna, 16
Rating: It was alright...


Crunchtime was a nice read, and I'm glad I finished it feeling like I didn't waste my time at all, reading it. It was basically about highschool teenagers of different cliques getting together and having study sessions for the SATs. They were the kind of kids you wouldn't see basically hanging out together, and throughout the book you read through each of the different main character's perspectives and narrations. They initally did not get along well in the beginning, but tight relations cause them to become a little closer together. Love, friendship, and drama builds between these teenagers.

Also, they're all very competitive and want to score perfectly on the SATs. In that, they are all very suspicious of each other and feeling skeptical as they are all different from one another. The main conflict in the story was when one of them is suspected of cheating on the SATs, and total teenage drama begins as they accuse and refuse each other, etc.

Overall, I read this before taking my SATs, so I kind of had an insight of the pressures behind the importance of this test. If I can see this as a movie, it'd be a total chick flick or some dramatic teenage story. It's good if you have nothing to do, and I didn't regret reading the whole thing, so it was better than average!


Recommended to: Teenagers interested in SATs, drama, etc.

No comments: