Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Veronika Decides to Die

Veronika Decides to Die


By: Paulo Coelho
Reviewed by: Alucard, 16.8
Rating: It was alright...


I stumbled across this book at the UCSB library when I was at camp and I was so excited to read it when I realized it was written from Paulo Coelho. "OMG" I thought...because The Alchemist was such a great story, I thought this book would be just as good. But things turned around. This book is not nearly as good as The Alchemist. However it does have a good theme about life. Veronika Decides to Die is about a girl who tries to understand her place in life. She is someone with a good life and one day decides to kill herself, but wakes up in a mental hospital. Through her experiences in the hospital she grows and gives herself the choice to value life and the people around you, or feel like you are an outcast.


Recommended to: people who text all day.

No comments: